Market and marketing research services
Evidence based strategic analysis. For when trial and error won’t do.
In business, like anything else, there are always new things to find out. This might be about your market as a whole, your customers or potential customers or other aspects of the market environment. When your decisions need research input, we can provide the expertise, the attention to detail and the expert analysis that you need.
What can this do for you?
Research is important for the following main reasons:
- Opening up new opportunities and helping to take advantage of these
- Prioritising opportunities
- Reducing risk and removing wasted effort.
Consultancy on any aspect of your research project
Research design: What are we researching? Why and how?
Choice of techniques: Secondary, qualitative or quantitative
Questionnaire writing and set up
Focus group or interview discussion guides
Fieldwork – getting the data you need
Analysis, interpretation and presentation of results in relation to your strategy
You may wish to use this service when:
Anyone can carry out DIY research using well known online software or just by asking around.
Professional research gives you better results because you get:
- The right questions. Developing a questionnaire or discussion guide that gets you full and valid results is a significant skill and is worth getting right.
- It’s not even just about the questions … What about the answer options that you might provide? The type of scale, number of options and what you call them?
- Then there is the set-up of the online questionnaire to properly reflect your brand and meet standards for data capture, user experience, confidentiality etc
- The right audience. Again, there is a lot of skill and expertise involved in doing this well. Asking the wrong people in research can often be worse than not doing any research at all.
- The right interpretation – based on your particular business, its strategy and its market.
Issues you might want to investigate could be:
What makes you different?
We build the capacity of clients to be successful by understanding what it really is that makes them different. This is never as simple as ‘quality of product’ – what does quality mean for example in the minds of those that matter?
New products / new markets
We learn about your business. We evaluate your existing and potential markets. We consider how and in what ways you can serve these markets.
We work with you to apply these learnings in the context of your business, with a realistic, highly practical but ambitious approach. We help to ensure it works.
Senior level customer or partner research
We are experienced at engaging senior people within your target market (clients and partners) to develop relationships that take your products and services to market. This might involve high profile initial pilot customers or strategic partners that will help to resell your product or service in volumes that you could not achieve alone.