Top 10 marketing tips and tricks (for winning marketing strategies)
Anyone who has read a blog of mine before will know that I’m not a big fan of gimmicks. But the gurus will tell you that the most popular blogs involve numbers (such as a ‘top 10’) and easy take-away advice. So, ‘what-the-heck’ I thought; who am I to deviate.
Here are my top 10 ‘tips and tricks’ for successful marketing:
- Want expertise? Ask an expert.
- How to spot an expert? They know what they are not, as well as what they are good at.
- ‘Saves time and money’ is not as good a proposition as most people think
- ‘One stop shop’ is not as good a proposition as most people think.
- It’s not ‘all about getting your name out there’.
- Strategy is not something you work on every day.
- If someone is giving you the answers before asking a lot of questions … That’s not advice that you want.
- You can’t delegate strategic decisions (internally or externally).
- If your ‘benefits’ are the same as your competitors’ then you are doing it wrong.
- Involve everyone but don’t lose sight of the vision.